30 Year Old Student

2 crazy announcements!

1: I have arlieopal.com up and running but there is currently nothing on it. I'm still figuring how I want to set it up and how I want it to look. But I'm hoping to move my blog to there.

2: I am going back to school as you can see in my title. I am 28 actually but I feel pretty weird going back to school since I first started college back in 2007.




I originally went to school when I turned 18, years ago, for a Fine Arts degree.

The problem I had was that I couldn't pass math no matter how hard I tried because of my Dyscalcula (dyslexia with numbers), and the fact that everywhere I turned everyone was telling me I would go nowhere with an arts degree.

So I quit. Quit my dreams and settled for just working retail and other menial jobs. In Portland, I even decided just to get a massage therapy certification just to get a job doing massage.

But after my dad died, I moved back home and now 2 years later I'm going back to school for what I've always wanted to be.

Still have to take math but apparently it's a lot easier now for people with disabilities like me.

It's only a community college, and I am almost 30. But I'm hopeful. I hope that 3rd time school is the charm.



Plus, I am going for my dreams again. I feel like my dad would be proud.


Keep watch of my growth on my social media accounts!

Instagram: @arlieopal
Tumblr: arlieopal.tumblr.com
Twitter: @Arlie_Opal
Everything else: Google Arlie Opal


I will try to post a new blog every Wednesday.

Comment below on what dreams you had as a child. Did you fulfill them?

Comments

  1. Wonderful post, Sweetie!! We're all excited for you and we KNOW you'll do brilliantly in school!! You have so much more confidence and everything's just a bit calmer for you now. And about your dad...I can't speak for him of course, because unfortunately I didn't know him well enough to, but as a fellow parent, and hearing all that you've told us about him, I can GUARANTEE that he'd be EXCEPTIONALLY proud of you and utterly happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know I am proud of you!! And who cares how old you are!! All that matters is you're doing it! Super proud of you pushing through and going for what you want!! You've come a long way, baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts